Find me on


Search here



♥

slideshow

...

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Celebrity-favourite lip balm EOS is being sued for extreme blistering

The egg-shaped lip balm EOS, which has been recommended by Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, is being sued by a number of customers who had bad reactions according to TMZ.

They report that customer Rachael Cronin filed a class action lawsuit against the company claiming that it caused 'severe reactions'. This includes 'severe rashes, bleeding, blistering, cracking and loss of pigmentation.' There are pictures here if you don't flinch easily.  
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
She claims that "within hours of applying the balm, her lips felt like sandpaper, so she applied it again. She claims her lips started cracking, flaking and bleeding, creating blisters and rashes which lasted 10 days."
TMZ reports that The suit has been filed by lawyer Mark Geragos who is looking for damages and 
corrected advertising or formulation.
​Blogger Monica Loves Makeup wrote about the lip balm: "I'm probably like everyone else because I loved EOS lip balms. However, a couple months ago I started to get VERY chapped lips. Of course, I kept applying EOS because I thought it would make it better. Not only were my lips chapped, but I had a lot of dryness around my mouth as well. I stopped using my EOS balms and used vaseline instead. It took a good month or two to completely heal up."



Even if you don't think you've heard of EOS, chances are you have seen the colourful egg-shaped balm as they appeared in Miley Cyrus' 'We Can't Stop' video and Jennifer Lopez' video 'Booty.'
EOS haven't responded to these reports yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

.