Find me on


Search here



♥

slideshow

...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Chocolate Chip-Coffee Muffins

Whole-Grain Chocolate Chip-Coffee Muffins

Honestly I can't resist it oh my god 
Why not to try it and tell me how is it for you ? Yummy , isn't it?

whole-grain-chocolate-chipAs I looked through the Chocolate Chip-Coffee Muffin Recipe, I realized that with a few simple substitutions I could make it not only heart-healthier but chock-full of fiber too! Follow the three easy tweaks I made, and you’ll be biting into guilt-free goodness in no time!

  • 2/3 cup whole milk (Here I substituted plain soymilk, such as Silk to decrease the fat content while keeping the creamy texture)
  • 5 tbsp. butter, melted (To cut down on cholesterol but retain moisture, I halved the amount of butter, using only 2.5 tbsp. and adding 2.5 tbsp. of fat-free plain Greek yogurt to make up for the remainder)
  • 9 oz. all-purpose flour (about 2 cups) (To up the fiber content and increase the staying power of these muffins, I used 2 cups hard white whole-wheat flour, such as Bob's red mill  in place of the all-purpose)

I’m pleased to say that replacing the all-purpose flour in this muffin with whole-grain flour did the trick perfectly in terms of keeping me full longer, and the moist, fluffy nature of the original recipe was not sacrificed thanks to the hard white whole-wheat flour. Now that’s what I call a successful recipe makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

.