Find me on


Search here



♥

slideshow

...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Blueberry and lemon muffin

  •  

    Vegan Blueberry-Lemon Muffins

    2 cups all-purpose flour
     (To increase the fiber I used 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup white whole wheat flour)
  • 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk (To make this recipe vegan-friendly, I replaced the low-fat buttermilk with 3/4 cup plain soymilk, such as Silk it provides a thick consistency similar to buttermilk without the dairy)  
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted (Here I swapped the butter with 3 tablespoons of vegan buttery spread, such as Earthbalence )
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten (I used a vegan “flax egg” [1 tablespoon flax meal, plus 3 tablespoons water] in place of the egg)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar (I opted not to glaze the muffins which allowed me to omit the powdered sugar all together)

This recipe worked out really well!  The muffins came out melt-in-your-mouth moist and didn’t leave me feeling overly-full and sluggish—definitely a great alternative to the coffee-shop classic

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

.